Wednesday 10 February 2016

Individual Task - Spoken Feedback For Ancillary Task



SCRIPT:

SPOKEN QUESTIONNAIRE FEEDBACK  FOCUSING ON DIGIPAK AND AN ADVERT DESIGN 

Today I will be discussing my spoken questionnaire feedback which will significantly help me with the making process of my digipak and advert. My aim was to discover what my audience wants to see within the design. These results will then help me to make final decisions for my production. 

My first question was was focused around the choice of font. I have shown my respondents a selection of fonts from my research. I have asked the respondents to identify one bold and one non-bold font from a selection of 8 different font types. The answers to this question were quite clear. The majority of the respondents have identified a bold font called 'Monofonto' as more successful and a non-bold font called 'Secret Code'. I am quite happy with this result as it will allow me to create a successful combination of both fonts, which will allow me to experiment with importance of text. 

My second question was based on my initial ideas which I have demonstrated in my last post. My aim was to investigate what my audience is expecting to see on the front cover design. I have shown the respondents my typography development with an image overlay, which created a color spectrum that would dominate within a plain colored background. My second design was also focused on image overlay of twigs, however within a shape of a heart. My respondents were not quite focused on one idea, however the simplicity of the text design brought much more attention. During the conversations I have developed an idea of complementing natural form of the twigs and leaves to the typography design, however to the back cover of the album. This element would add more movement to the page, making the song titles placed along the left side more engaging as the twigs will successfully flow towards the writing. This is something I am going to experiment during my construction. Besides, from that the respondents really liked the idea of colour spectrum within the typography which clearly reinforced progressive house genre. This is something that has lacked in other design which was mainly dominated by bright reds and pink. 

Another question aimed at my audience was based on the album title. I was considering using the song title as the album name, however I didn't want to go against the codes and conventions of progressive house, as this music genre tends to put the featuring song at the bottom of the album title, following the logo of the artist. My title proposal was focused around three different titles : 'Atmosphere', 'Spectrum' and 'True Colors'. The number of responses for this question was balanced. This will allow me to be more experimental with the positioning combination and the break down of letters. Depending on how each composition will look like and how much space it's going to take, I will make my decision then. 

In my final question I wanted my audience to help me identify song titles which would build up connotations around the nature of young adults. I have created a proposal list of all song titles. I created a conclusion of 11 song titles. This is an average number which is applied to progressive house albums. The following titles are :
  1. Beautiful Now ft. Jon Bellion 
  2. Stay the Night 
  3. True Colors
  4. Clarity
  5. Wake Me Up
  6. Levels 
  7. For A Better Day
  8. Feeling Good 
  9. Dancing In My Head 
  10. I'm Not Alone 
  11. Flashback
My aim was to choose a selection of song titled which will create a link between my digipak and the music video itself. Titles such as 'Beautiful Now' , 'Wake Me Up', 'Dancing In My Head' or 'Flashback' significantly create an image of the music video narrative. I think this is quite effective as featuring song of 'Beautiful Now' would then set a mood to the whole album which is usually the case. 

To conclude, the spoken questionnaire has helped me to make my ideas more clear at the same time meeting audience's expectations of what they want to see within the digipak and the advert design. My next stage will be focused on visualising these ideas and experimenting to create a final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment